Friday 18 February 2011

New Colour schemes, New work.

I have lots of ideas for brand new lampshades and they'll be coming along very soon. In the meantime I have just finished making up a set of shades using my existing designs in new colour schemes. This is Suburban Dream in red ( photographed in my studio last night). I'm in the process of loading them into my ETSY shop. Come and take a look.


I've been working really hard at 'compartmentalising' my work lately, a necessity with so many different things that I want to do. Since Christmas, besides lampshades I've been working on a couple of textile design projects so my painting has had to be set aside for a while. We've also been working at insulating the studio - a long and difficult process but one seemingly not only to lead to a more functional winter studio but also giving us all good confidence in the use of power tools ( believe me I had none previously) and perhaps some teamwork skills! Anyway, still quite a bit to do there, but after this week - half term break - I will be painting again. As well as The Calder Gallery in June I will be exhibiting later this year at Gallery Top , Rowsley, Chatsworth. Had a couple of days out with Charlie walking in Derbyshire for inspiration but must put paint to canvas soon. These photos show our 8 mile circular walk up Kinder Scout last week. It was forecast low cloud and poor visibility over the Peak District but we decided to go for it anyway - thank goodness.

No comments: