Tuesday, 31 March 2009
Friday, 27 March 2009
My work's been taking me in a few different directions this week. And yes I do mean IT taking ME because I've had some sort of flu virus ever since the Craft Fair last Sunday and my head has been somewhat fuddled! I'm absolutely useless at doing nothing though so have kept busy though without direction. I kept planning to work in the studio- was desperate to work on the landscapes I had started but couldn't manage more than three or four hours all week!
I did manage however, at home to do some experimenting with painting and drawing on old book pages (see above) Its something I've been thinking about for a while - would be interested to know what you think. Have also today been working on my polymer clay jewellery- the craft fair last week made me realise I need more small stuff to sell!
I really hope I get in the studio for much of next week before the Easter holidays. Flitting about has started to send me just slightly loopy! I snagged a treasury today and gave it a crazy theme to acknowledge my plight- Take a peak at 'Blue Moon MADNESS' here:http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=48612
Monday, 23 March 2009
Paper Arts and Assemblage.
Tutor: Kate Boyce
A series of projects experimenting with collage, transfer and paint. The work also incorporates found objects, personal imagery and text.
Friday, 20 March 2009
Wednesday, 18 March 2009
I will send three lucky Winners one of my prints and in return all you have to do is "pay it forward", either with art works ( if you too are a maker/blogger) or alternatively you could pledge to clear your neighbour's path or help a work colleague or something like that.
All you have to do is visit my Etsy shop and leave a comment after this post here on my blog to say which print you like and if I draw you name I will happily send you that print. Three names will be drawn out of a hat on March 31st, 6pm GMT. Good Luck !!!
PS. The Picture above is of 'Rooftops at Nutclough' a new addition to the range of reproduction prints in my Etsy Shop - More being added daily. ( http://www.kateboyce.etsy.com/ )
Tuesday, 17 March 2009
Well my luck seems to be holding up at the moment. Despite things slowing down and my frequent feers for the worst in the current climate, I have had a number of sales lately including 'Storm Brewing Over Oats Royd Mill' (See earlier blog) from The Calder Gallery. Then there's also been some lovely things like one of my paintings featured in Blog by Karen fields http://karenfieldsgallery.blogspot.com/
Friday, 13 March 2009
Friday, 6 March 2009
PS. One of my pictures has been featured in an Etsy Treasury!
Link to http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=43875
Thanks Victoria ( www.Furiousdreams.etsy.com )
Tuesday, 3 March 2009
This is one of the twelve featured items 'Gothic Hare' a print by Valentinesattic of Cornwall valentinesattic.etsy.com
Part of the inspiration for this collection (besides the obvious wonderful Children's Classic story)comes from a childhood memory of mine. I will explain more shortly as this leads swiftly on to five random things I need to write about myself ( I was tagged by my friend Hannah Nunn http://hannahnunn.blogspot.com/.)
So, the rules of this game...
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules in your blog
3. Write five random things about yourself
4. Tag random people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they've been tagged
So, Here I go..
1. There used to be an old wooden door at the bottom of the garden when I was a child. It was always locked and I used to imagine a secret Garden on the other side. I later discovered it was just an alleyway but I have always loved the idea of discovering secret places. I have from time to time dreamed of discovering hidden rooms in whatever house I live in at the time. I wake up feeling disappointed but also still quite excited with a faint belief that anything is possible. The same goes for flying dreams which I'm occasionally lucky enough to have.
2. With the birth of my first daughter imminent and time between contractions lessening my husband Charlie rushed me off to hospital with no delay...except the necessary stop at a newsagents for chocolate and magazines!....I can't cope with anything without these vices!
3. I'm a bit of a twitcher and general nature lover. Last year on a boat trip from Arisaig to Muck I saw a Basking Shark! This May we're going to the Isles of Uist in the Outer Hebrides. Its apparently brilliant for wildlife, I'm so excited already!
4. I'd love to travel more. A couple of years ago I went with Charlie to Venice for just two nights. It was fantastic and I'm still feeding off it for my work. The older I get the more excited I seem to get about different places, history and culture.
5. I sometimes worry that my head is going to pop because I get ideas for my work faster than I could ever put them into practice and I spin off in too many directions. Work is so exciting...and frustrating!
Sam http://samdolman.blogspot.com/ and
http://valentinesattic.blogspot.com/ ..........sorry folks!
Monday, 2 March 2009
This one First Light at Horsehold one of my early works was the first ever original that The Calder Gallery sold for me.
And this one 'Into the Valley ' is from last years collection.
I will be putting more prints in my shop soon. In the meantime if there are any paintings you know of from my website www.kateboyce.co.uk that you would like to buy a print of , just let me know.
I had great news at the weekend my first Etsy sale of two Originals to a customer from North Carolina - How exciting. Just the sort of news I needed after a week overshadowed by losing my beloved cat of seventeen years.
A final bit of news is that you can now also buy my fun Polymer Clay jewellery ( see below ) online from http://www.oddgems.etsy.com/