Tuesday 3 March 2009

Hooray! A Treasury!

At Last I managed to get a slot to create my own Treasury on Etsy. That means curating a magazine page of some of your favorite items from other sellers - what fun. See mine ' A Secret Garden' here : http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=43318 .

This is one of the twelve featured items 'Gothic Hare' a print by Valentinesattic of Cornwall valentinesattic.etsy.com

Part of the inspiration for this collection (besides the obvious wonderful Children's Classic story)comes from a childhood memory of mine. I will explain more shortly as this leads swiftly on to five random things I need to write about myself ( I was tagged by my friend Hannah Nunn http://hannahnunn.blogspot.com/.)

So, the rules of this game...

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules in your blog
3. Write five random things about yourself
4. Tag random people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they've been tagged

So, Here I go..

1. There used to be an old wooden door at the bottom of the garden when I was a child. It was always locked and I used to imagine a secret Garden on the other side. I later discovered it was just an alleyway but I have always loved the idea of discovering secret places. I have from time to time dreamed of discovering hidden rooms in whatever house I live in at the time. I wake up feeling disappointed but also still quite excited with a faint belief that anything is possible. The same goes for flying dreams which I'm occasionally lucky enough to have.

2. With the birth of my first daughter imminent and time between contractions lessening my husband Charlie rushed me off to hospital with no delay...except the necessary stop at a newsagents for chocolate and magazines!....I can't cope with anything without these vices!

3. I'm a bit of a twitcher and general nature lover. Last year on a boat trip from Arisaig to Muck I saw a Basking Shark! This May we're going to the Isles of Uist in the Outer Hebrides. Its apparently brilliant for wildlife, I'm so excited already!

4. I'd love to travel more. A couple of years ago I went with Charlie to Venice for just two nights. It was fantastic and I'm still feeding off it for my work. The older I get the more excited I seem to get about different places, history and culture.

5. I sometimes worry that my head is going to pop because I get ideas for my work faster than I could ever put them into practice and I spin off in too many directions. Work is so exciting...and frustrating!

I Tag:
Shelley http://oiseaux.typepad.com/
Sam http://samdolman.blogspot.com/ and
http://valentinesattic.blogspot.com/ ..........sorry folks!

No comments: