Friday 13 February 2009

Cold light of day, Hebden Bridge

Managed to spend the whole day working in town today - mostly at the studio finishing off a commission which I'm really pleased with . Cant post an image yet though until the client has seen it - nerve racking time this. So heres my interpretation of a typical street in the town. This is one of a set of paintings i'm retreaving this weekend from the Bowery Arts centre exhibition in Leeds. From next week they will be on display at the Calder Gallery in Hebden. This image has proved quite popular in Giclee print format. I make Giclee prints of most of my work - my aim is to upload them all to sell in my Etsy shop when I get time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, Im sure I have been here. I've spotted my first Yorkshire blog!
Lovely work.

Kate Boyce said...

Thanks Sam, the location is the end of Unity Street , showing the old tin Tabernackle ( bottom right corner) which has now sadly gone. Its also great for me to find another Yorkshire artist in Blogland.